Sunday, March 7, 2010

Babywise.......Mama Cries

With the thought of returning to work in the back of my mind and the sleepless nights we decided to start getting on a schedule. We are following the Babywise method which we started a few days ago. The theory is that baby needs consistency and so we eat, play, and nap every 3 hours or so. Sounds nice, I have yet to make it through a day without a few tears - from me. Landon is a tough cookie. The first day he cried for an hour before letting himself fall asleep - killed us, me. But he slept at night with no crying at all and has for several nights which has been a big improvement for us.
Naptime during the day is always a surprise never knowing what we are going to get. Some naps he goes right to sleep and others he gives his lungs a good rally. (This makes me cry so I try and do dishes or something productive to keep my mind focused on something else.) And then, he always falls asleep.

Peaceful sleeping and goofy hair.

We are giving Babywise a try for 5 days to see if we can see it working - we are already seeing some improvements and benefits. The schedule is nice because it is predictable and allows us time to do things around the house and Landon is getting quality sleep - when he finally falls asleep. We carried Landon around for 4 weeks straight whether asleep or awake never putting him down, so it's an adjustment.
Waking up and learning to roll around. (Somehow Landon lost his pants during one nap, not sure how he Houdini'd out of those :) Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the goofy hair. Reminds me of Rob, Up at the cabin, in the morning, before breakfast. Give the little guy a cup of Joe and a 5 day growth of beard, he's a spitten image of his dad. (Smak, man I hate those mosquitoes)

    T

    ReplyDelete